Photo by TommL via iStock
Are you looking for ways to transform your home into a cozy space without spending too much time or effort?
Then have a look at these 10 easy fabric DIYs to transform your space.
Fabric DIYs are fun and easy to create. Simple sewing abilities and some imagination are all that is required.
In little to no time, your home will have a new look and feel thanks to these projects. Let’s take a look.
Table of Contents
- Decorative Pillows
- Fabric Wall Art
- Create a Statement Wall
- No-Sew Fabric Tie Wreath
- Floor Pouf
- Fabric Storage Bins
- Fabric Scrap Quilt
- Fabric Bed Frame
- Table Runner
- Fabric Plant Pots
- Final Thoughts
1) Decorative Pillows
Photo by ben-byrant via iStock
This DIY room décor tip is about making decorative pillows out of fabric scraps.
You don’t need much material to make beautiful pillows. Just use some fabric scraps you already have lying around.
These are great for adding extra flair to your home. They’re easy to do and very inexpensive!
2) Easy Fabric DIYs: Fabric Wall Art
Photo by KatarzynaBialasiewicz via iStock
With some fabric wall art, you can give any area a splash of color and character.
You can make your unique artwork without spending a lot of money. All you need is some fabric, a staple gun and some staples, and either a frame or a canvas.
3) Create a Statement Wall
Photo by Polina Strelkova via iStock
A statement wall adds character to any room and creates a focal point in the space. Using fabric in place of wallpaper comes with many perks, such as:
- Fabric is much cheaper than wallpaper.
- Covering a wall in the fabric is simple – any beginner DIYer can do it.
- It doesn’t require many supplies.
- The fabric is easy to remove and change without damaging your walls.
- Fabric is more durable.
- There are many different kinds of fabrics to choose from, providing you with an infinite number of options.
4) Easy Fabric DIYs: No-Sew Fabric Tie Wreath
Photo by Detry26 via iStock
If you’re looking for a quick craft project that requires no sewing, try making a fabric tie wreath.
You’ll love how it looks and how simple it is to make.
Plus, it can make a perfect gift for friends or family members.
Check out some more easy home DIYs here.
5) Floor Pouf
Photo by Scovad via iStock
A floor pouf is a great way to add comfort to a room without breaking the bank.
A pouf is essentially a large cushion that sits on the ground. They are usually filled with cotton or some material that makes them soft and comfortable.
DIY floor poufs are also a great way to use scrap fabrics!
6) Easy Fabric DIYs: Fabric Storage Bins
Photo by Damian Lugowski via iStock
This project can add flair to your space and be a great organizational tool.
They can be used to store sewing or craft supplies such as buttons, thread, and beads. You can also use them in shared living spaces to store toys, art supplies, and miscellaneous items.
7) Fabric Scrap Quilt
Photo by MaxCab via iStock
Sewing a quilt is a great way to give your bedroom a fresh look.
Using fabric from scrap pieces is an easy way to create something new from what would otherwise end up in the bin.
Plus, no pattern is required!
8) Easy Fabric DIYs: Fabric Bed Frame
Photo by PaulVinten via iStock
This project is easy to create, and it looks fantastic!
We love this idea because we can use our fabric scraps to make a beautiful piece of furniture.
You don’t have to buy a bed frame if you want something different. Instead, take advantage of what you already have around the house.
While you’re at it, why not update your master bedroom?
9) Table Runner
Photo by Thomas Bullock via iStock
A table runner is a quick and easy way to spruce up a dining area.
Just measure the size of the table and buy fabric accordingly. Cut out the shape of the design. Hem the edges and attach with pins.
Easy enough for any beginner DIYer!
10) Easy Fabric DIYs: Fabric Plant Pots
Photo by SharafMaksumov via iStock
Spruce up any boring flower pot with fabric. Discarded clothing and fabric pieces can be repurposed into a beautiful patchwork pot.
This project uses adhesive to attach the fabric to the flower pot, allowing you to use whatever colors and patterns you like.
Simply cut squares of material and glue them onto the bottom of the pot. Then add soil and decorate it however you want.
FAQs About Easy Fabric DIYs
Can you use fabric scraps as stuffing?
Of course! If you have fabric scraps left over from sewing projects, you can use them as stuffing for pillows and other items.
Just cut the fabric into small pieces and stuff the item.
Can you fix torn fabric without sewing it?
Yes! There are several ways to fix torn fabric without needing to sew.
The most common way is to glue it using heat-activated hemming tape. Follow these steps:
- Cover the tear with self-sticking garment tape. Pull one of the tear’s edges over the garment tape strip. Remove the garment tape’s protective covering and press the tear to ensure it sticks.
- Cut a piece of heat-activated hemming tape to the tear’s length. Overlap one side of the tear with tape. Use low heat, no steam setting, and press the iron on the tear for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Choose a patch somewhat bigger than the tear. If possible, apply the patch from the front or back. The tear will be evident despite the back patch.
- A front patch hides the tear but will be visible. Apply fabric glue to the patch’s edges and press. For a heat-activated patch, iron slowly on a low setting.
- Line the tear with fabric glue. Overlap and press the tear. Make sure you keep it there until the glue dries.
What is the easiest fabric to sew for beginners?
For new sewers, cotton is the best choice. Cotton has a nice drape and doesn’t stretch much when sewn.
Polyester is another great fabric for beginners. It’s durable, easy to cut, and doesn’t stretch.
Final Thoughts on Easy Fabric DIYs
Photo by Inside Creative House via iStock
Home decorating has become a big trend lately. But, of course, we all love to change our homes now and then.
And why not? After all, our homes are a reflection of who we are. The colors and decorations we choose say a lot about us.
Whether you want something simple or elaborate, you can always create a unique look at home using fabric.
There are plenty of ways to transform your space with fabrics. I hope these DIY fabric projects inspire you to create something new!
Want more DIY tips and ideas? Then, visit my website https://diytalk.com/ for everything DIY!